- Fuel system issues: Problems with the fuel system, such as clogged fuel filters, a malfunctioning fuel pump, or a faulty fuel injector, can cause the engine to lose power.
- Ignition system issues: Issues with the ignition system, such as a faulty ignition coil or spark plug, can also cause power loss.
- Air intake issues: Problems with the air intake system, such as a dirty air filter or a blocked air intake, can result in reduced engine power.
- Exhaust system issues: A clogged or damaged exhaust system can cause a restriction in the flow of exhaust gases, leading to power loss.
- Mechanical issues: Mechanical issues such as a worn-out timing belt, a damaged valve train, or a faulty piston can also cause the engine to lose power.
- Electrical issues: Problems with the electrical system, such as a failing alternator or battery, can cause power loss in the engine.
- ECU or sensor problems: Issues with the engine control unit (ECU) or sensors, such as a malfunctioning mass airflow sensor or throttle position sensor, can also cause power loss.
These are just some of the possible reasons why an engine may lose power. Vigor Auto Repair can diagnose the issue by performing a thorough inspection of the engine and its components.